This privacy statement is issued by The Saudi British Society (collectively referred to as “The Saudi British Society”, “We”, “Us”, “Our” in this statement). This privacy statement will explain how The Saudi British Society uses the personal data we collect from you when you use our website or otherwise correspond or contact us.
This policy covers:
- What data do we collect?
- How do we collect your data?
- How will we use your data?
- How do we store your data?
- What are your data protection rights?
- What are cookies?
- What types of cookies do we use?
- How to manage your cookies
- Privacy policies of other websites
- How to contact us
- How to contact the appropriate authority
What data do we collect?
The Saudi British Society collects the following data:
- Personal identification information (title, name, suffix, address, date of birth, nationality, email address, phone numbers, personal history and interests, photographs and videos from our events etc.)
- Financial details for membership or sponsorship or donations or to attend events
- Any other details that may be provided by you in correspondence and discussions with us
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide The Saudi British Society with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
- Contact us by email, phone, post or social media
- Register online or request membership or attendance at our events.
- Complete any surveys or give feedback via our website, email, phone, post or social media.
- Use or view our website via your browser’s cookies.
- Apply for membership or sponsorship or events through our website, email, phone or post.
- Make payments or donations to the Society
The Saudi British Society may also receive your data indirectly from the following sources:
- Ticketing agencies used for our events
- Communication software providers
How will we use your data?
The Saudi British Society collects your data so that we can:
- Establish and maintain accurate membership and sponsorship records
- Communicate with you by email, post and phone about our events and any other services for which you have expressed an interest.
The Saudi British Society will not sell or share your personal information for other organisations to use.
When we allow third parties acting on behalf of The Saudi British Society to access your information, we will always have complete control of what they see, how long they see it for and what they are allowed to do with it.
Where necessary we may share the personal data we collect and process with third party IT providers eg those who host the website or provide IT support.
Also under strictly controlled conditions we will share personal data with contractors, service providers, advisors and agents.
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties in order to comply with a legal obligation such as gift aid claims. This also includes exchanging information with other entities to protect against fraud or any other suspected illegal activities.
How do we store your data?
The Saudi British Society securely stores your data electronically with our internet service provider, website host and email service provider, as well as electronically and as hard copies with our webmasters, administration support and Trustees at their respective premises and with their respective providers.
The Saudi British Society will only keep and store your information for as long as it is required for the purposes it was collected for. How long it will be stored depends on the information in question, what it is being used for and sometimes statutory legal requirements.
The Saudi British Society may from time to time contact you regarding products or services or events provided by the Society or others. If you have agreed to receive marketing you may always opt out at a later date.
The Saudi British Society will not share your information with other entities for marketing purposes.
You have the right at any time to stop The Saudi British Society from contacting you for marketing purposes. If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes please contact the Hon. Secretary of The Saudi British Society. Full contact details are below.
What are your data protection rights?
The Saudi British Society would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every member or sponsor is entitled to the following:
The right to access – You have the right to request The Saudi British Society for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
The right to rectification – You have the right to request that The Saudi British Society correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request The Saudi British Society to complete information you believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure – You have the right to request that The Saudi British Society erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that The Saudi British Society restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to The Saudi British Society’s processing of your personal data under certain conditions.
The right to data portability – You have the right to request that The Saudi British Society transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact the Hon Secretary of The Saudi British Society. Full contact details are below.
What are cookies?
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behaviour information. When you visit our websites we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology.
For further information, visit www.allaboutcookies.org
- Keeping you signed in
- Understanding how you use our website
What types of cookies do we use?
There are a number of different types of cookies, however, our website uses:
- Functionality – The Saudi British Society uses these cookies so that we recognize you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer and location you are in. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
- Advertising – The Saudi British Society uses these cookies to collect information about your visit to our website, the content you viewed, the links you followed and information about your browser, device, and your IP address. The Saudi British Society will not share this data with third parties for advertising purposes. We will not share online data collected through cookies with any advertising partners. This means that when you visit another website, you will not be shown advertising based on your browsing patterns on our website.
How to manage your cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the above website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
Privacy policies of other websites
Policy on media activities organised by third parties
Activities that are covered by this policy include, but are not limited to:
The Society’s AGM, Annual Dinner, Lectures, Talks and Receptions
Media material that is subject to this policy includes, but is not limited to:
Press releases, news, articles, blogs, interviews, video material and social media posts.
Media are welcome to cover The Saudi British Society’s activities. However, permission from The Saudi British Society is needed in advance and applies on a case by case basis. Each event will be by special arrangement and for some of The Saudi British Society’s activities there is a need to also obtain permission from third parties such as guests and collaborators.
How to contact us
Email us at: email@example.com or write to: Hon. Secretary, The Saudi British Society, 1 Gough Square, London EC4A 3DE.
How to contact the appropriate authority
Should you wish to report a complaint or if you feel that The Saudi British Society has not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may contact the Information Commissioner’s Office here https://ico.org.uk